As we know Discord is a place where gamers can create communities and connect with their friends or any acquaintance for free. This application is quite popular among gamers as there are thousands of communities in it.
You can privately communicate with your friend through texting, voice notes or video calling. Its perfectly made to work in the background while you are playing your games.
Discord gives you a feature of “Go Live” through which you can stream your games live. It also features other movies or non-gaming stuff which you can share with your fellow users.
How to Add Games in Discord
So, whenever you download a game in your laptop or personal computer and if it is supported by Discord then it will automatically add up to Discord library. As Discord also shows live status, so anytime if you are playing some particular game, Discord will start showing the time you spent paying that game for instance if you are play Grand Theft Auto for an hour or so, Discord will display it as “Playing GTA for an hour”.
To know how to add any specific game to Discord all you need to do is just follow the steps given below,
- When you open the Discord app, you will see down there an icon of User Settings tap it, in the most left corner at the bottom.
- There in the user setting window you will see “Game Activity” on the left panel, press it.
- Then all you need to do is just turn on the toggle button, “Display currently running game as a status message”, and then every game which you have installed in your system will start showing up in to the library below.
- Anyhow, if you will not be able to see your game, then click on the “Add it” option and later search for your game. If your installed game is supported by Discord then it will appear to the library and the icon will be displayed and also a blue tick next to the game.
- When the game is added, it will start display under your profile, and then everyone can see you playing. The active on status will display for that particular game you are playing.